Cancellation and Returns Policy
You may cancel any order placed on this website prior to us delivering the product to you. We will refund you the money within 15 business days in the same manner as what you paid, and provided that we will be entitled to retain any costs already incurred to deliver the relevant Products to you.
- If you received a product from us and are not satisfied with it – you may within 7 days of receiving it, return it to us. We will refund you the money within 15 business days in the same manner as what you paid. The customer is liable for any courier costs, except in the case of it being a faulty product, in which case we will be liable for the courier costs.
- If you received a faulty product from us, we will replace it within 15 business days, after receiving the faulty product back.
- Tracks4Africa products must be returned to us, where possible, in original packaging, but this is not compulsory.
- You may return digital products, but we require written proof that you destroyed all copies of the product.
Please note that we are strictly guided by Garmins returns policy:
- If you received a product from us and are not satisfied with it you may within 7 days of receiving it, return it to us. We will refund you the money within 15 business days in the same manner as what you paid. The customer is liable for any costs in getting those product/s to our offices, except in the case of it being a faulty product, in which case we will be liable for the courier costs.
- Garmin products must be returned to us without alteration and in the original packaging.
- Garmin will not accept any products:
- With damages or cracks on the screen.
- With any scratches, dents or impact marks.
- Water damage.
- That have been subjective to corrosive substance, household cleaners, body lotions (including sun protection lotion) or perfumes.
- That are damaged or missing accessories or packaging.
- Where the serial number of the box is different from the serial number on the product.
- Where Garmin products are returned to us after 7 days of receiving it from us, and while still in warranty, the customer is liable for any costs in getting those product/s to our offices.
- Please note that Garmin determines the outcome of a warranty return and not Tracks4Africa.
- Garmin products out of warranty, cannot be returned to us.
As it appears in our Terms and Conditions
(1) We will not accept cancellation of any order in respect of Products that have been specifically modified to comply with your request. Other than as aforesaid, you may cancel any order for Products submitted via this web site at any time prior to our delivery thereof by sending a cancellation notice to firstname.lastname@example.org. When you cancel an order you must provide us with the applicable order reference number. We will refund you within 15 Business Days of cancellation any amount paid to us in respect of such cancelled order provided that we will be entitled to retain any costs already incurred to deliver the relevant Products to you.
(2) We will not accept the return hereunder of Products that have been specifically modified to comply with your request. Other than as aforesaid, you may within 7 days of delivery to you return to us any Product that you are not entirely satisfied with. In the case of software and database Products, you must provide us with a written confirmation that you have destroyed all copies of such software and/or databases provided to you. Hardware Products must be returned to us without alteration and in the original packaging. We will refund you any portion of the purchase price already paid to us for the Products returned to us in terms hereof within 15 Business Days of such return, provided that we will be entitled to deduct and charge you for our costs incurred in collecting such Products from you.
(3) Upon our request, you must return to us any Product provided to you pursuant to an order in exchange for a full refund of the relevant purchase price, if we are obliged by law to recall such Product.
4) Additional terms and conditions for Garmin Products:
Garmin Product Warranty
Garmin Automotive GPS units have two (2) years warranty, and accessories have no warranty period. Marine units carry a one (1) year warranty.
Garmin’s eligible products carry a warranty against defects in materials or workmanship, calculated from the date of purchase. The following is excluded and may not be claimed under warranty:
- i. Cosmetic Damages, such as scratches, nicks and dents.
- ii. Fair wear and tear of the product.
- iii. Consumable parts, such as batteries, unless product damage has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship.
- iv. Damage caused by negligence, accident, abuse, misuse, water, flood, fire, or other acts of nature or external causes.
- v. Damage caused by repairs/service performed by any third party who is not an authorised service provider of Garmin.
- vi. Damage to the product that has been modified, altered or used with unauthorised third party software without the written permission of Garmin.
In addition Garmin reserves the right to refuse warranty claims in respect of products or services that are obtained and/or used in contravention of the laws of South Africa from time to time.
Garmin’s navigation products are intended to be used only as a travel aid and must not be used for any purposes requiring precise measurement of direction, distance, location or togopraphy. As far as legally permissible, Garmin makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of map data.
Repaired products have a 90 (ninety) day warranty from the date of repair.
The warranties and remedies contained herein are exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties expressed, implied or statutory, including any liability arising under any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, statutory or otherwise. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, which may vary from country to country.
As far as legally permissible, Garmin shall in no event be liable to any incidental, special, indirect, or consequential loss or damage, whether resulting from the use, misuse, or inability to use the product.
Garmin retains the exclusive right to repair or replace (with new or newly-overhauled replacement product) the device or software or offer a full refund of the purchase price at its sole discretion.
Refunds and Returns for In-Warranty Period Faults and Failures:
Out-of-box failures or faulty products that are still within the Statutory Warranty period, will be checked by Tracks4Africa to ensure that they qualify in accordance with Warranty Validation Criteria as stipulated by Garmin.
Tracks4Africa shall, at the choice of the customer either replace the faulty product, refund the customer for the cost of the product or request Garmin SA to repair the faulty product.
Products falling within the Manufacturer’s Warranty Period but outside the Statutory Warranty Period, will be replaced or repaired at Garmins SA’s discretion and in line with current policies. Garmin SA will not accept products for credit without approval after the Statutory Warranty Period has expired.
All repairs shall be conducted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Repair.
Garmin SA warrants every new or reconditioned part installed during any repair or maintenance work undertaken by Garmin SA for a period of 3 months after date of installation.
If Garmin SA repairs any particular product or any component of such product (a firmware or software update or re-installation does not qualify as a repair for purposes of the Act) and within 3 months after that repair, the failure, defect, or unsafe feature has not been remedied, or a further failure, defect, or unsafe feature is discovered, Tracks4Africa will at the discretion of the customer:
- Replace the product, or
- Refund the customer the full original price