1) GPS-AUTO: Does T4A Maps work on Toyota’s in-car navigation systems?
No, unfortunately not. Toyota has not opened up their navigation systems to Tracks4Africa. We have multiple customers enquiring about this daily.
Kindly refer to Toyota as to when they plan on doing this.
2) GPS-AUTO: WITH WHAT IN-CAR NAVIGATION SYSTEMS IS T4A IGO SD CARD COMPATIBLE WITH?
The in-car navigation systems are divided in two general categories, those that are supplied by the manufacturer of the vehicle and those that have been fitted aftermarket.
For factory fitted systems: (ie. T4A IGO SD CARD is not compatible)
- the manufacturer of the vehicle is the only entity who can provide maps. In the case of Toyota they do have their own proprietary system and no 3rd party can load maps to these units.
For the aftermarket systems: (ie. T4A IGO SD CARD is compatible in IGO software format)
- the units are ‘open’, and most of the time WinCE or Android based and in most of these cases they use navigation software from companies like NNG who provides the iGO software. Our T4A maps are compiled in the iGO format, but to make it work on a specific unit we have to request from NNG that the unit be analysed and the correct settings applied to the software, e.g. on which port the GPS is or screen resolution etc.
To date the iGO software with T4A maps have been tested and compiled for the Caska (in-car navigation) hardware which is an aftermarket system. Planet Electronics provides our software and the Caska units, and support in this regard.
3) GPS-AUTO: DO I REGISTER MY T4A IGO SD CARD ON TRACKS4AFRICAS’ WEBSITE?
No – you cannot register an IGO SD Card (ie. in-car navigation) on our website.
The SD CARD registration on our website is purely for the our SD CARDS for GPS MAPS.
NOTE: We do not provide free upgrades on IGOS SD Cards like we do for our normal GPS MAPS SD Cards.
You can however contact us so that we can put your name on a list to be advised when a new release for the IGO SD cards comes out. Please contact us here.
4) GPS-AUTO: IF I PURCHASED AN T4A IGO SD CARD, DO I QUALIFY FOR 50% DISCOUNT ON THE T4A ONLINE SHOP FOR GPS MAPS?
In order to qualify for 50% discount on our GPS Maps, customers can provide us with their IGO SD CARD serial number and proof of purchase.
5) GPS-AUTO: CAN T4A IGO SD CARDS BE UPGRADED?
We do NOT provide FREE upgrades on the IGO SD Cards, like we do for the normal GPS sd cards.
When we release an updated version of our IGO SD Card data, the new release will be available from Planet Electronics.
Our updates on these SD cards are also not done every 6 months as is the case with our GPS Maps SD Cards.
You can however send us an email in order to place you on a short list, should a new version become available, so that you can be contacted. Please email us here to be added to this list.
6) GPS-AUTO: LANDROVER AND T4A IN-CAR NAVIGATION
If TracksAfrica Maps were included in your Landrover when you purchased it: For any support or questions please contact Landrover. We cannot supply you with an upgrade for these units, or any form of support.
Our maps are made available to Landrover via other companies and then Landrover distributes the maps via their systems, you will have unfortunately have to contact Landrover with regards to the maps and map updates.
7) GPS-AUTO: FORD AND T4A IN-CAR NAVIGATION
We are proud of Tracks4Africa maps being included in the new Ford South Africa range of vehicles, Everest and Ford Rangers, which features the SYNC 3 Navigation system. (April 2017).
We supply our data to Ford via their navigation service providers and they determine on which vehicles it is installed as well as when it will be launched and updated.
This is a Ford factory fitted navigation system that can only be supplied and serviced by a Ford dealership – not by Tracks4Africa.
Kindly refer to your Ford Dealership for more information and support.
8) GPS-AUTO: SOFTWARE COPYRIGHT DATE
When switching on your in-car navigation unit, you notice a 2013 date as per the image below – please note that this date is the software copyright date – it has nothing to do with the map version!