1) NAV APP: HOW TO PLAN A ROUTE ON THE T4A NAVIGATOR APP
2) NAV APP: Exporting tracks from the Navigator AppWe have managed to export the tracks from an Android phone, but not with Apple. To start with you need to be sure that you are recording your tracks, so under Trip Monitor settings, you have to enable auto-saving, and enable Save Track Log. If your tracks are recorded, you can click on the three stripes at the bottom right of the screen, and select “useful information” and then select “trip monitor” – a list of all the recorded tracks will show. One can now click on the arrow at the bottom right of the screen, and select “export all”. If there is not enough space on the phone to export all in one go, you have to select the tracks one by one and export them one by one – a time consuming exercise. To find the exported files on your phone, go to “File – internal storage – Android – data – za.co.tracks4africa.nng.africa – tracks – 01” and a list of the tracks that were exported will show. You can select them all and share via email, or if you connect the phone to the computer, you can just copy it from here to the computer. Note that only the tracks are exported, there is no way to export waypoints that you recorded – you can make a screenshot of the waypoints you want to keep and create a new waypoint on the computer using those coordinates. If the tracks are not exported to the internal storage, select “File-SD card” and follow the same path on the SD card. We have not yet managed to do this for an Apple phone, it seems to try and save the data on an SD card, and Apple does not have SD cards in their phones, so we continually get an error message when we try this on Apple.
3) NAV APP: Difference between the T4A Navigator App and the T4A Guide App
The T4A Guide App is an information guide, with rich contents and photos on certain Waypoints like lodges, campsites, restaurants etc. all on a digital background map. The user can pan on the map to see his/her location and what typs of Waypoints are nearby. This is NOT a navigational app.
The T4A Navigator App, is basically the T4A GPS maps transformed into a format compatible on smartphones and devices. So you can navigate, set routes etc. on this app, just as you would on a GPS. There is also rich content and photos on Waypoints where available.
4) NAV APP: How to find more rich content / info on places
It is possible to find more information on the POIs/waypoints on our maps, where we have the relevant information available.
In this example, we have rich content on Maabwe Bay Chalets.
In this screen, you can tap on the name of the place on the top.
The next screen will be displayed, where you will see any 'Place information' like contact details we may have. If we have the email address and website address, then that will be displayed in this screen as well.
If you then tap on the Tracks4Africa logo in the top right hand corner (ie. as per the screen above) - you can find further info on the POI. (note: where you don't see this logo on a POIs "Place information" screen, it means that we have no further information available on it).
The following screen will then appear with information like a description, activities, facilities, rates etc. where we have this type of info available. And if there are photos, up to 3 photos will be displayed.
5) NAV APP: WHY THE T4A OVERLAND NAVIGATOR APP WORKS OFFLINE
6) NAV APP: Tips & Tricks using this App
For more info on using this APP, please view this document on Tips & Tricks on the T4A Overland Navigator App.
7) NAV APP: Where can I buy the T4A Overland Navigator App?
8) NAV APP: Where can I find more information on the Navigator APP?
9) NAV APP: Compatibility
Please note that our Navigator APP is only compatible with cellphone, tablet or ipad devices. (ie. not with in-car navigation android type systems).
10) NAV APP: APP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR MY COUNTRY
If you try to download our App from the Google Play Store - you may get an error saying that the app is not available for your country. The country that you are in while trying to do this, may not be on Googles list of countries to allow apps to be purchased in.