The Atlas is printed in A3 size, weighs 2.42kg, has a hard laminated cover, ring bound for ease of use and printed on thicker than normal paper to ensure durability.
This Atlas covers ten countries in Southern Africa and is specifically aimed at self-drive travellers. The countries included are: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Eswatini, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Bigger coverage than ever before:
- 1:4m maps for Southern and Eastern Africa – ideal for macro planning.
- 1:1m maps for Southern Africa, covering the following countries: Angola, Botswana, eSwatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia,
South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- 1:500k maps for South Africa, Malawi, most part of Zambia and the area around Moremi/Chobe in Botswana.
If purchasing our Atlas from our online shop – you will receive a free canvas bag for the atlas: (ie. this offer is only available on our online shop)
The new atlas also features a brand new canvas cover. Apart from being roomier to accommodate the expanded atlas, the zipper has been upgraded to be more rugged and easier to open. Plastic sleeves inside the cover allow the atlas to be operated while permanently fitted inside the canvas covering. The cover also features a handy document pouch on the inside.
Please note that the old canvas cover will not fit the new atlas.
Our second edition atlas is substantially thicker than the first edition and includes many more pages of detailed maps.
- This Atlas is designed for overland travel and compiled from the same data used on our famous GPS maps. Use it for trip planning or on the road as a companion for your GPS navigation system.
- The detailed road network covers 518 350km.
- All major and secondary routes feature distances and travel times (1m and 500k maps only).
- Each country page features a table with the times and distances between major towns.
Vital information needed for planning an extended self-drive trip:
- Per country information includes legal requirements for your vehicle, road conditions, traffic rules, signals used by locals as well as general tips such as fuel availability.
- Comprehensive information of what you need to transit borders.
- Featuring 127 border posts with opening times.
Valuable information while on the road:
This Atlas is jam-packed with as much detail as possible on protected areas, major and minor attractions, places to stay and activities. You can also see which services like fuel, bank/ATM, shopping, restaurant, hospital, police or auto repair are available in each town.
The Atlas features 223 map pages with the same trusted map detail for which Tracks4Africa is renowned.
Map features include:
- Map scales include 1:4000 000, 1:1000 000; 1:500 000
- 518 350km of off-road tracks and major roads.
- Distance and travel time between towns.
- Essential facilities available in towns.
- Camping and lodging.
- Tourist attractions.
- All border crossings, with opening times.
- All international airports, with IATA/ICAO codes.
- Protected areas.
The first section of the Atlas includes valuable travel information about each of the ten countries. The information about border crossings and top tourist attractions will help you to be well-prepared for your trip and the sections on driving conditions will assist you while on the road.