Zambia Self-Drive Guide Book: Edition 1
Tracks4Africa is proud to announce the first edition of our Zambia Self-drive Guide. This book follows the same recipe as our Botswana and Namibia self-drive guides and you can expect more than 400 A4 pages packed with objective travel information.
The guide is designed to provide the self-drive traveller with information on how to prepare for a trip to Zambia, planning routes and destinations and to be used on the road. The guide is enhanced with the use of many detailed maps and includes a complete road atlas of Zambia.
Printed in full colour, the guide includes hundreds of photographs which makes it an interesting read for any person dreaming of visiting Zambia.
Our staff has visited all destinations presented in the book and our maps are ground-truthed by countless travellers who have travelled all roads in Zambia. Our presentation of destinations and accommodation is objective, leaving the traveller with facts rather than opinion.
Key features of our Zambia Self-drive guide
- An introduction to self-drive or overlanding, covering topics such as trip planning, vehicle preparation, navigation, communications, health and more.
- Information about Zambia, including sections on road conditions, border posts, currency, health risks, camping etiquette, fuel supply and more.
- Detailed descriptions of the various travel regions in Zambia.
- The Copperbelt Mining Region
- Four Nations
- Kasane (Botswana)
- Kazungula (Botswana / Zambia)
- Livingstone (Zambia)
- Sesheke / Katima Mulilo (Zambia / Namibia)
- Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe)
- Great North
- Lower Zambezi
- Luangwa Basin
- Lusaka & Surrounds
- Upper Zambezi
- Detailed descriptions of towns and cities which are of interest to the traveller. These include detailed street maps and a list of services available as well as the grade of diesel on offer.
- 407 lodge listings, including contact details and facilities.
- 167 official camp sites, including contact details and facilities.
- 25 pages of 1:1 000 000 scale detailed maps featuring driving times based on road conditions.
- Time and distance table for trip planning.
- Livingstone detailed street map, 6 pages.
- Lusaka detailed street map, 22 pages.
- 9 transit routes between major destinations described in great detail.
- 4 suggested touring routes to assist with planning an unforgettable self-drive trip.