1) GPS MAPS: BMW Motorad Navigator 5Is compatible with the T4A GPS Maps. How to insert the T4A GPS Maps SD Card:The BMW Navigator 5 has an SD Card slot, you will have to open at the back of the device and remove the battery to see the SD Card slot, also on the back of the device, there is another "flap" on the back of the device too which you can open (or lift rather), to connect the USB Cable that you would have received when you purchased the GPS.
2) GPS MAPS: Corrupt SD CardIf your Garmin GPS unit gives an error to say that the "SD Card is corrupt".... There could be various reasons for this, and it does not necessarily mean that there is something wrong with the T4A SD Card. Please try the following solutions: • Reboot your GPS unit to clear the error • If that fails, connect your GPS unit via a USB cable to your PC – copy and paste the contents of the SD Card to your PC; then format the SD Card; then copy and paste the files from your SD card back onto your SD Card. • If that fails, please update your Garmin via Garmin Express which keeps your device up to date from Garmin.
3) GPS MAPS: BASECAMP VER 188.8.131.52 MAPS TRANSFERRED TO GPS ARE NOT SHOWING ON THE GPS (WINDOWS ONLY)
We have advised Garmin of this issue.
If you have an older GPS unit (ie. Mapsource is only compatible with older units) - Click here to download a free version of Mapsource and to use that instead of BaseCamp. Your problem should then be resolved
Our sales staff will then send you a temporary download link, containing an .img file which you will have to install on your Garmin unit.
Please follow these steps once you have received the download link email / download link:
Please download this file in the email you will receive from Tracks4Africa. You will be directed to a downloads webpage where you will find the .img file to download unless you have been emailed the .img file directly you don't have to access it from a downloads page then.
It is advisable to access the webpage on the internet, via a Google Chrome or Firefox browser for best results. (ie. do not try to open the downloaded file or run it on your PC - its an .img file for a GPS Unit).
Then connect your Garmin GPS unit to your PC.
Then in Windows Explorer, or from a relevant spot in your PC, you need to copy this .img file to either: (Please note different GPS units are behaving differently):
- an SD Card in your GPS unit directly into a Garmin folder. If that does not work, try to copy the .img file to a Map folder (ie. create this folder on your SD card if there is no such folder yet)
- or your GPS units' internal memory - to a Garmin folder. If that does not work try to copy the .img file to a Map folder (ie. create this folder on your GPS units internal memory if there is no such folder yet)
Also, please note:If there are any older Tracks4Africa GPS Map files in your Garmin folder, please copy all these old files to your PC in a safe folder, and then remove them from the Garmin folder on your GPS Unit. Be careful not to remove your Garmaps and their associated license (.lic) files from your GPS units internal memory.
Your GPS Maps will then be visible on your GPS Unit.
Troubleshooting:If you loaded the .img file to your GPS units internal memory, and it didn't work, please remove it from there and try loading it to a GARMIN/MAP folder on your SD Card instead, and vice versa following the instructions as per above.
4) VIDEOS: BaseCamp Basics: Transferring Data
5) VIDEOS: BaseCamp Basics: Organizing Data
6) VIDEOS: BaseCamp Basics: Finding Places
7) USER GUIDES & VIDEOS: For Garmin GPS Maps
8) GPS MAPS: Polnav NavigatorOur Garmin SD cards will not work on this device.We manufacture a T4A SD card which runs on WinCE and supply this to Planet Electronics. It could be that this may work however we cannot say for sure as we do not create cards specifically for the device you have. The manufacturer or dealer should be able to assist you with this.We do not sell the WinCE cards ourselves but you can contact Planet Electronics.
9) GPS Maps: Basecamp lagging on a MACIf you find that Basecamp is running very slowsly on your MAC, and that it is slow to react when you pan or zoom on it: We advise that you uninstall Basecamp. Then update your OS (Operating System) on your MAC. Then reinstall Basecamp. This may resolve your issue.
10) GPS MAPS: The Garmin Overlander on Tracks4AfricaWe have tested the Overlander and here are our basic findings:
- It only communicates to a Windows computer, not Mac.
- It is possible to connect it to Basecamp on a Windows computer and we could load our maps to it and it is compatible.
- Our very latest SD card (19.10) will work with the Overlander. We realised that this unit and some other newer Garmin models require the folder structure on the Sd card to be slightly different and it was easy enough to include this change.
- We could not find a way to load and copy tracks from the Overlander without having to use the Explorer app though. So that is a bit of an oversight on their side as this unit is made to use in remote areas without the implicit need for internet access.
- The bracket the Overlander comes with does not hold up to off road travel for long. Our unit was in fact shipped with a RAM ball adapter and I would strongly recommend doing this conversion and mounting the unit with RAM fittings and suction cups.