1) GUIDE APP: Cannot Reload or Re-install previous purchased map on new phone
If you need to reinstall your previously purchased maps onto the Guide App on a new phone or different device, you will firstly have to install the basic app again from the Google Play store/iTunes store - the basic free app.
Then make sure that you using the same email address on the play store on this phone. The app will recognise the email address you used to purchase the maps, so you have to log into the play store from this phone with the same email address that you used to originally purchase the maps on the app.
2) GUIDE APP: Error “In-app purchases are not allowed”
If you have installed our guide app, and when trying to purchase and install an in-app purchase, you get an error saying "Purchase: In-app purchases are not allowed" - this is due to a setting on your device.
Please make sure that you have enabled in-app purchases on your device, in your settings.
That should solve the problem.
3) GUIDE APP: Error “error in map service, error when creating offline map. TypeError: cannot read property resize of undefined”If you are trying to install our guide app and get this error message then it probably means that the device you are trying to run the app on is not supported. Examples of where this error has been reported is:
- Android devices with Android version 5 (ie. this Android version has not been supported by Google for years, and our app is not compatible. We would suggest you upgrade to a new Android version).
- Windows Bluestacks (ie. our Apps will not run on this application on your windows PC)
- Android Auto (ie. our Apps will not run on this application)
4) GUIDE APP: CompatibilityOur APP is not compatible with:
- Android version 5
- Android Auto
5) GUIDE APP: IS THIS A FREE APP?The App is free to download, with a small demo map of Namibia and Botswana, whereafter you can do an In-App Purchase for the country that you need.
6) GUIDE APP: Geolocation errorIf opening the app or updating to our latest version and you get an error that sais: "geolocation using navigator unsuccessful etc." - please first uninstall and reinstall the app entirely, this should solve the problem. Also make sure that your location service is switched on, on your smartphone. If you need more assistance, please contact our sales team.
7) GUIDE APP: Where can I purchase the T4A Guide App?
8) GUIDE APP: Is this a Navigational App?
NO – this is an Information and GPS Orientation Guide APP. You can pan on the digital country maps on the APP, while the GPS receiver on your device will show you where you are on the map.
You can then choose to switch on different categories of POIs (*Points of Interest), like Lodging, Camping, Food etc. which will pop up on the map at their relevant locations. So you can see what types of POIs are near to you. On many of the POIs we have information and photos, which you can access on this guide app by tapping on the relevant POI’s icon on the map.
The App Geolocates all the time.
9) GUIDE APP: Difference between the T4A Guide App and T4A Navigational App
The T4A Guide App is an information guide, with rich contents and photos on certain Waypoints like lodges, campsites, restaurants etc. all on a digital background map. The user can pan on the map to see his/her location and what typs of Waypoints are nearby. This is NOT a navigational app.
The T4A Navigational App, is basically the T4A GPS maps transformed into a format compatible on smartphones and devices. So you can navigate, set routes etc. on this app, just as you would on a GPS. There is also rich content and photos on Waypoints where available.
10) GUIDE APP: What is the difference between the T4A Guide App and the T4A GPS Africa Guide?
The T4A Guide App is an app that will only run on an android/iOS device - available from the Google Playstore or iTunes.
The T4A GPS Africa Guide is an information guide file that is directly available on your Garmin GPS Map, it will not work on an android/iOS device. It contains information on places. See more info here.